Rage Crown The Kings

The Metro Rage varsity soccer team hosted the Kings Academy Knights on Tuesday night. Heath Miller (NHS) opened the scoring for the Rage six minutes into the game when Zach Hobson (SHS) played a diagonal ball to Miller who placed a well driven ball into the back of the net.

The Rage would score again 11 minutes later when Miller would cross a ball into the box that Zach Hobson redirected on a one touch that rocketed past the goal keeper. The Knights would cut into the lead at the 21 minute mark with a goal of their own to make the score 2-1 at halftime.

The Rage picked up the pace in the second half with high pressure on the Knights defense and a total of 16 shots on goal in the second half. Miller would score again at the 59 minute mark when he poked home a Colton Dawes (SHS) shot that deflected off of the back post. The Rage continued to press their attack on the Knights backline. Zach Hobson found Mike Bekel (SHS) at the top of the box at the 67 minute mark. With his back to the goal, Bekel wheeled on the defender marking him and let loose a rocket shot that would close out the scoring for the game.

Julian Hobson (WHS) recorded two saves in goal before leaving the game with an injury. Tanner Proffitt (SHS) and Logan Paris (SHS) both made their first appearance of the year in goal and Zach Hobson played keeper for the final 15 minutes of the game. Paris and Hobson each recorded a save a piece.

Rage Coach Jeff Hobson lauded the defense for their play. “I thought the defenders played pretty well tonight. We had one let down but overall I was pleased with how the back four played.” Hobson went on to say “we got pretty good play out of our midfielders too. Coach Schenkel and I felt like Josh Hobson (SHS) and Chance Enyeart played a really solid game for us in the middle of the field tonight.”

The Rage return to action on Saturday, September 28th when they play in the Pioneer Tournament.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *