Rage Edge Squire JV

The Metro Rage Soccer Club hosted the Manchester JV boys’ team at the Morrett Sports complex on Wednesday night.

The Rage and the Squires played to a 0-0 halftime score despite 8 shots on goal by the Rage. Heath Miller (NF) opened the scoring two minutes into the second half to give the Rage a 1-0 advantage. Manchester would answer with a score of their own at the 53 minute mark when Chancynn Giddens scored on a direct kick from just outside the 18 yard box.

Miller put the Rage back on top three minutes later on an assist from Adam Denney (SW) to give the Rage a 2-1 lead. Miller scored his third goal of the night on a ball played to him by Noah Shear (NF). Miller returned the favor of an assist to Adam Denney at the 70 minute mark to give the Rage a 4-1 lead. Manchester earned another direct kick at the 74 minute mark and Giddens scored his second goal of the night with a perfectly placed chip shot to the back post to make the final score 4-2.

Rage Head Coach Jeff Hobson commented “I thought that Manchester really played well tonight. They have definitely improved since we played them in August. Coach Borgmann does a nice job of teaching the game to his kids”

Hobson went on to compliment his senior players “Obviously Heath (Miller) played well offensively, but I felt like the other three seniors played really well defensively. Tadd Myer (NF) played outside back for the first time this year and gave us a solid performance. Tanner Easterday (NF) and Kyle Heiser (NF) played well in the middle of the field. Both Meyer and Easterday each had a defensive saves on the goal line that would have tied the game for Manchester if they had not cleared them.”

Tanner Proffitt recorded 8 saves in goal on the night for the Rage who move their record to 5-1 on the season. The Rage return to action on Wednesday when they travel to Oak Hill for a match with the Golden eagles JV team

[AFG_gallery id=’422′]

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *